The school has been advised that children do not need to be kept inside during this reported period of increased air pollution. However, it is important that the following guidelines are followed:
Please help the school to support your child with asthma.
- Ensure the school has up-to-date written information about: your child's asthma medicines, how much they take and when. Information should be included about your child's individual triggers and signs of an asthma attack. Ensure this written information is always up to date.
- Inform the school about the medicines your child requires during school hours
- Inform the school of any medicines your child requires while taking part in visits, outings or field trips and other out of school hours activities such as school team sports
- Tell the school about any changes to your child's medicines. What they take and how much
- Inform the school of any changes to your child's asthma (for example, if their symptoms are getting worse or they are sleeping badly due to their asthma)
- Provide the school with a spare reliever inhaler (and spacer where relevant) labelled with your child's name
- Ensure your child's reliever inhaler that they take to school with them is labelled with their name
- Ensure that your child's reliever inhaler and the spare is within its expiry date
Other help and resources