There have been reports today of children sharing that they are viewing content/series/films that are not suitable for them on Netflix, which is causing distress and upset.
Please find attached a Netflix Safety Checklist to use to protect your child from inappropriate content.
Suggested points of reminder for parents -
1. Don’t share your account details with anyone else
2. Use a child safe account and enable parental controls
3. Set profile locks and maturity settings for the child accounts
4. Monitor and talk regularly to your children about what they are watching or want to watch
Suggested points of reminder for pupils
1. Always check with a trusted adult before you watch something new
2. Make sure you have a child account set up on streaming services
3. If you see something violent or inappropriate as part of a programme then tell a trusted adult